Friday, July 06, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NUMBER ONE SON!

Once again, those who love you are celebrating your birthday without you.
No matter, because you and your shipmates are where you need to be for those of us here.
And we love you for that. All of you.

And you need not worry about blowing out the candles on your 25th birthday,
because I burned the cake in your honor.























Thank you, Son. I am so proud of you.
I am so proud of your shipmates.
You are the best the nation has to offer.

And for all you girls out there:
Kiss a sailor and GO NAVY.
You'll never be the same again.
Guaranteed.

5 comments:

Cassandra said...

They do grow up fast, don't they? Didn't realize until reading this that my baby will be 25 too next month.

A whole quarter of a century! Woo hoo! :) Hope his birthday is a memorable one.

portia said...

Very nice post, spd.
Ditto the picture!

Happy birthday to the eldest (male) rdr, and mazeltov to his proud papa.

You have every reason to be pleased, and proud. Both of you:)
At ease, sailors.

Pile On® said...

Spd, everyone knows you have 14 girls. It is kind of weird that you have taken to calling one of them son.

Anyway, happy birthday "son". We thank you for your service.

Cassandra said...

I thought he had 19 daughters?

I can never keep track the way he keeps popping them out...

camojack said...

My next birthday cake will be an incendiary device as well...if it has all 50 candles upon it.

How did this happen? I should've managed to get myself killed years ago. It wasn't for lack of trying, I can assure you...