Sunday, March 26, 2006

On the Final Four

Hi there. I'm George Mason

You probably don't remember me, but I was instrumental in garnering those constitutional liberties under that you so take for granted. We should talk about that ....

But not tonight. Tonight belongs to the young men that have brought the Colonial Athletic Association it's first ever Final Four berth. Did I say ever? I meant EVER.

Sure, with Duke, B.C., and UCONN out, my pool picks have about as much chance as George Washington had against the British at Brooklyn. But, by God, that's what we meant about bucking the tyrrany of the majority! Yo! Sizzzle! Speak Truth to Power, and jam the Boards!

Anyway, congrats to all of the young men in the green and gold. You are the best Virginia has to offer, and you have shown us the reason why.

Go kick some ass, fellas.

5 comments:

Cassandra said...

You know, I was appalled when we couldn't even find the GM game on local cable. Why would we be interested in seeing that?

I love Fredneck, but there are times...

spd rdr said...

I hate to say this, but after this last weekend's games I am leading the office pool by a good margin. If GMU beats Florida I win. If Florida beats GMU, I lose...TO A GRRRRRRLLLLLL!

Sweet Geezus, c'mon GMU!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have underdogs. I prefer the unbridled expectations that go with anticipated, recognized excellence and success.

Anonymous said...

Oops, I "hate" underdogs.

spd rdr said...

Fer chrissakes, Ayn, stop being such a stuffy old broad.* It's basketball, fer cryinoutloud! Not rock-o-nomics!


*This is my father-in-law's favorite term to send the his five daughters into a tizzy. The eyerolling that goes on at the dinner table is priceless. I use it respectfully, and in his honor, because he's a 6 foot 5 twinkly-eye leprechaun that people sometimes forget raised five daughters and put them through college. Beast.