Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Paradise in Chains


Portia sent me this very interesting story:

Cuban Brothers' Identity Switch Backfires
June 7, 2005, 10:46 PM EDT

HAVANA -- Bernardo Heredia fled communist Cuba a decade ago, and this year loaned his lookalike younger brother his U.S. residency documents to help him do the same.

But what started in March as an act of familial love became a full-blown sacrifice when Cuban authorities got wise to the ploy and refused to let the elder Heredia leave the island, effectively switching the lives of two brothers.

Now, Heredia is living with his younger sibling's wife and child, plotting an ocean escape similar to the one he went through in 1994.
****
Read the whole thing...it gets even crazier.
Now, what does this story say about these idiots?
That they are idiots.
****

UPDATE:
I rest my case.

3 comments:

KJ said...

Where is the link on "I Rest My Case"?

spd rdr said...

Oops! Forgot.

portia said...

I can imagine already Las Vegas' next great tourism line: "Whoever arrives in Las Vegas, stays in Las Vegas...your brother will understand."